Add Reply
New Poll

fire don't die, tag: gretel | skylark
Hansel Morgenstern
 Posted: Apr 8 2017, 06:57 PM
  • Pauper (36)
  • Hansel & Gretel
  • Nomadic
  • “But we're the gladiators, Everyone a rager, But secretly they're saviors, Glory and gore go hand in hand”
Nic

user posted image Raise your voice Oh, my sister Tell the world you won't lay down and die — He goes through the motions, tries to make himself useful, but it’s useless to hide how he feels. It was painted on the frown of his lips, the distance in his eyes. He wasn’t really there; he didn’t feel like he was there either. He was somewhere far away, reliving the ambush, or lost in the middle of the woods trying to find their way back home, or pressing his little face against the bars of his cage trying to catch a glimpse of his sister, desperately praying that she was still alive. Someone comes up to him, one of the Merry Men, he doesn’t remember his name, doesn’t remember what he says, only that he should go see his sister. He doesn’t argue, doesn’t tell them ‘no, it’s alright, I said I’d make myself useful so I will’, because he knew that he would give up everything - his pride, his life, everything to be by his sister’s side right now. She looks so fragile. The sight of her this way hurts more than a thousand beatings; it hurt more than steel cutting through his flesh; it hurt more than being bound and beaten and screaming, screaming, screaming until his voice was hoarse. They did their job, he thinks painfully. I failed to do mine. He falls onto the seat next to Gretel and lays his head on the bed next to hers. “I’m sorry,” he whispers, his voice still hoarse, broken from fractures so deep it reached into his soul. If she left, if she died, that fracture would be complete and he would lose not just a sister but half of himself. Doomed to roam this earth as one part of a whole. “I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you.” He places his hand on top of hers. She was cold, he thinks to himself, but she was not a corpse… not yet. His eyes drift closed as the exhaustion takes hold of him somewhere between his ramblings about their past — how they had survived everything life had thrown at them — and their future, Red, and the baby. He falls asleep. They might as well be two children lost in the middle of the woods, waiting for the wild animals to feast on them in the middle of the night. “Gretel!” He is screaming. It is all he can manage to say. He hears screams. His sister, his twin, his other half, was being beaten and he was helplessly trapped. His hands are bound and pain surges from every inch of his body. When he looks up, he finds himself more trapped than he thought. Panic rises up his stomach, to his heart, to his throat, to his screams for his sister. “Gretel!” he screams and he can’t seem to stop. He launches himself onto the wooden door, sees the oven flames licking out of the metal grate. The horrible sounds of shackles on a little girl’s feet, of a little girl weeping silently, trying desperately not to be heard. “Gretel!” he is screaming and he wants to reach out to her; he struggles through his binds; finds a chicken bone — yes, the chicken bone, it saved his life before, it would so again now. He cuts the rope, wraps his thin, fragile fingers on the metal grid of his prison. He is a child again. He is small and sick and weak and he cannot break the door down, cannot get to her sister, cannot spare her the pain this villain inflicted, cannot free her because he cannot free himself. He is weeping, he is desperate, he is fighting to wield his sword in a battle he was not part of, he is trapped and he is helpless, and he can do nothing but watch and wait and weep. “Gretel,” he whispers, reaching out through the barrier and praying that his sister would take his hand, tell him that she was alive and that she was okay, they were okay. But there was nothing. Only a deafening scream, the smell of burning flesh and uncertainty, painful uncertainty, of who that scream belonged to. He wakes with a jolt, panic spreading from his chest. But then he sees that his sister’s eyes are open and the fear and the panic and the desperate racing of his heart slowed down. Light floods his little prison. He closes his eyes, scared and in shock, frozen, and he is filled with shame because he failed her. he failed her. He couldn’t save her. But when he opens his eyes, Gretel is there; she is whole and she is safe and her hand is stretched towards him, waiting for him to take it. Hansel smiles. “Hi.”
tag: @Skylark notes: morgenstern. angst.
PM
^
Gretel Morgenstern
 Posted: Apr 17 2017, 07:34 PM
  • Pauper (36)
  • Hansel & Gretel
  • Nomadic
  • “Swallow your heart and swallow your pride, you gotta be tough if you want to survive. They'll chew you up and eat you alive.”
Skylark

THEY WOULD TAKE ME FROM YOUR HAND
OR THEY WOULD TRY, THEY WOULD TRY
THIS IS THE MURMUR OF THE LAND
The time, for the moment, was lost on her. Stuck between brief periods of waking and longer moments of unconsciousness, under the canvas roof of her love’s own tent, Gretel had quite lost her proper grasp on time. But that didn’t matter for the moment, there was others about her who could worry over matter like the time. She had other things to focus on; getting stronger, her recovery.

Never in her long career as a witch hunter had Gretel ever found herself so grievously injured as this. Never had she been so wounded, so weak. Lost so much blood. Never, even with all she and her twin had faced, had she ever been beaten to within an inch of death.

Never had she been in so much physical pain.

But it was lighter now, dulled by whatever remedy they’d forced down her throat. Lessened by the sweet oblivion which sleep brought. It only came back in waking, when there was always some friendly face and encouraging smile by this bedside. A distraction from the agony still tearing at her body; her muscles, her wounds, her mind. And she’d be damned if she let that pain show, the people here were stressed enough about her already, Gretel hardly wanted to worsen their fretting.

A few hours of blissful rest and her mind drifted back again into consciousness. Sentences, thoughts, flicker through her half-awake, half-asleep mind, addled already with pain and the heavy fog of pain, sleep and medication to prevent the former and induce the latter. Robin. Robin, yes, she remembered now. She’d spoken to him last, when she’d awoken last. When they clutched onto each others hands and kissed with more passion than either guarded heart had allowed show before.

They loved each other. It was undeniable to them both now. And it seemed ridiculous, in the face of such terror, such near loss, to continue to hide that behind their awful jokes and pretense that what they had was only casual.

It is not Robin’s face Gretel sees as she wakes this time. It is not his heartbreak nor the look of relief and love flooding his expression.

But it’s a face just as welcomed. A smile she’d seen so, so many times, one so achingly familiar. To think she might have lost that. Lost the chance to ever she her twin smile again.

“Hi.”

Hansel’s smile is contagious, her broken lips pulling into a grin to match. She shifts slightly against Robin’s pillows, her eyes seeking out the calloused hand that lay atop hers.

Hansel and Gretel. To think they’d nearly been torn apart by this; a partnership that hadn’t been broken for anything else before. Two halves of one whole, neither the same without the other. Two children, clutching each other’s hands in their shared bed, keeping close to stave off the cold which threatened to take them. Two children lost in the woods, clinging to each other’s hands, terrified for their lives, for their futures.

Two witch hunters, back to back, facing off against a virtual army. Two versus so very many, they knew they might well be facing the end. They do not turn to look at each other one last time before launching into battle, but their fingers reach back. Holding each other’s hand one last time before the slaughter that awaited them.

The sight of it makes Gretel’s smile only wider.

She turns her hand over on the sheets, fingers latching onto his. This wouldn’t be the last time. Not again. Her tired blue eyes flicker up to see the equal wear in her brother’s own.

“Hi.”

+Tag: @Nic
+Notes: Ughhhh Morgenstern angst. Also hand holding. Also monotonous responses that don't even begin to cover it.

PM
^
Hansel Morgenstern
 Posted: Aug 18 2017, 05:40 PM
  • Pauper (36)
  • Hansel & Gretel
  • Nomadic
  • “But we're the gladiators, Everyone a rager, But secretly they're saviors, Glory and gore go hand in hand”
Nic

user posted image Raise your voice Oh, my sister Tell the world you won't lay down and die — “You look like shit.” His smile grows wider and breaks into a grin. With her fingers latched onto his, he tightens his hold on her. He doesn’t want those hands to grow cold ever again; doesn’t want them to slip limply from his own; doesn’t want to carry her broken body ever again; to feel so helpless ever again. “For a moment there, I thought I lost you. Just shows what I know.” Hansel rests his head back down on the bed, his eyes finding hers. There’s still that glimmer there, the same one their mother used to have. The glimmer of resolute stubbornness. The worst wasn’t over though, was it? There was still the threat of King John’s men returning and finishing the job. The threat of them sacking Robin’s camp. That this was all just a trap and Hansel had walked straight into it because he had no choice. (It was this or watch his sister die. And if it would come to that — to a slaughter, what then? What would he tell himself? That Robin’s men weren’t innocents? That his sister’s life was worth more than theirs?) The fear flashed in his eyes and he held onto his sister tighter. Whatever was coming, they could get through it — together. That was how it’s always been, that’s how it will always be. But they also had to be smart. “We have to get out of here, Gretel. Robin will understand.” He hates the feeling building at the pit of his stomach. They weren’t running away. They weren’t abandoning Robin and his men. (Then why does it feel exactly like they are.) They had to be smart, he told himself. He’d been telling himself that all day. He was good at two things: killing witches and taking care of his sister. Gretel needed some place else, some place that was not in danger of being ambushed, some place where her life wasn’t in more jeopardy than it needed to be. They didn’t walk through death traps planning on getting caught. They always had a plan. They always had a way out. Robin will understand. He loved her, didn’t he? (And she loved him. So why would she leave?) “I can’t lose you, sis.” He holds her hand in both of his, locked in a gesture of begging, of praying. “Say you’ll live to fight another day.”
tag: @Skylark notes: morgenstern. angst. // this only took forever. i am forever sorry

PM
^
Gretel Morgenstern
 Posted: Sep 20 2017, 08:24 PM
  • Pauper (36)
  • Hansel & Gretel
  • Nomadic
  • “Swallow your heart and swallow your pride, you gotta be tough if you want to survive. They'll chew you up and eat you alive.”
Skylark

She watched with tired eyes as his lips break into a grin, one she can’t help but match.

“You know what? I feel like shit.” Gretel can’t help but add it the joke, words forced out in a voice barely louder than a whisper.

And joking aside, it was true. She felt entirely shit. Every inch of her ached, a deep kind of pain that sunk into her bones. Her energy seemed entirely drained from her, lost in that battle and in her body’s own desperate fight to keep living that followed. The agony she’d been in earlier dulled now by the remedies that forced into her, ones she’d lacked any willpower to refuse. Anything to make this feel a little easier.

For a moment there, I thought I lost you. Just shows what I know. Gretel dared to maintain her smile, fingers tightening over his, despite the sheer weight of those words. “Absolutely nothing, haven’t I always told you that?” Her lips tug into a faint smirk. No matter how they tried to ease everything with humour, as had always been the Morgenstern way, there could be no denying what they’d just escaped by the skin of their teeth. Those bastards and that fucking hellhole. A fury still lit beneath Gretel’s skin, one she knew would need to be tempered. If it kept those around her safe, she’d temper it forever.

He’d almost lost her. For a moment back there, they’d almost lost each other. Brought into this world together, it felt wrong to do anything but leave it together too. But they were fighters, both of them, they’d been fighting just to survive their entire lives and that would never change. Gretel had never been one to go down without one hell of a fight.

And they’d given it, even in the face of insurmountable odds, they’d slaughtered so many of King John’s men just to try to escape the inevitable. Hansel might have almost lost her, but theirs was the victory.

Her blue gaze follows as her brother lowers his head onto Robin’s bed, locking her eyes with his. She reads so easily the flash of fear in them, she knew him far too well to miss it. His fingers hold hers even together then. And her gaze wordlessly searches his, wanting to know what it was that Hansel had been thinking of to bring such a fear to those eyes.

Ah, that. As wrecked and exhausted as she was, Gretel still had a faint handle on the situation. They’d been ambushed by King John’s men and lived to tell the tale, Hansel bringing her to the only place he knew to seek help; Robin’s camp. Both twins held silent fears they’d not yet voiced - that this might not be over yet. Not nearly over. If King John was as determined to bring Robin Hood down as they all knew he was, why would he stop there? Gretel was the weapon used to weaken the outlaw, where was the killing blow?

Her eyes meet his and there is a fear in them now too.

Gretel’s brow furrows in thought. He holds her hand in both of his now, looking for all the world now like he was begging for her to agree.

“I’ll never stop fighting,” she promised him a low voice, one bruised and on the verge of breaking. As she considered everything that lay before them. I can’t lose you, sis. Her heart had tugged at those words, her throat tightened.

“Look at me, Hansel.” She whispered to him, letting that say all she couldn’t bring herself to. Though she’d escaped this with her life, she’d done so only barely. Merely hours ago now they hadn’t even known if she’d survive the night at all. Hadn’t even known if she’d wake again. Her body was battered and bruised, exhausted and drained, as much as she needed to get to safety, she also needed help. Rest, medicine, someone to care for her at least until she was a little stronger.

But they could manage it, Gretel didn’t doubt it. Hansel had brought her here, he’d easily manage to get her away again safely. But what of the camp?

“What about Robin? What about his men?” Her whispers became more frantic. Knowing, of course, that Robin would want nothing more than for her to be somewhere safe, Gretel knew he might have differing ideas of where that might be than they. Perhaps they were safer all together? With strength in numbers? Or maybe she was kidding herself. “What if they followed us here, what if we brought them right to camp?”

Even her gaze now is frantic, her eyes searching his face. Unfolding all her fears onto her brother in scared whispers. Hansel; her brother who always had the answers, always had the plan. The one who had spent his life protecting her.

“If they’re waiting- what, what if they attacked if we tried to leave? What if...they’re there now- already waiting?”

+Notes: Morgenstern Angst < /3 Gretel's just a lil worried about everything rn~
PM
^
Hansel Morgenstern
 Posted: Nov 26 2017, 05:07 PM
  • Pauper (36)
  • Hansel & Gretel
  • Nomadic
Nic

user posted image Raise your voice Oh, my sister Tell the world you won't lay down and die — “I can’t lose you, sis.” He can hear his heart break; the sting of tears he’d kept at bay for what felt like a century; the tightening of his throat, his chest, his hands wrapped around her own. “Look at me, Hansel.” “I won’t lose you.” He repeats as he looks his sister in the eyes. His tears don’t fall and his voice doesn’t break. Her soft whisper was met by his resolute tone. I won’t lose you. I can’t. He didn’t know how to. “Robin and his men have dealt with John before.” He takes in her frantic gaze and meets her with a calmer one. His tone becoming more even but no less caring than his broken words earlier. “I’ve warned them. They’ll be ready.” He cups her cheek with his rough and calloused hand, lets her find focus and stability in him. He holds her still, keeps his gaze on her, trying to reach through the fear she held for the person she loved. The same fear Hansel knew was reflected in his eyes. “Gretel, please. There’s nothing you can do for them here. Not at the state you’re in. They’ll just use you again. We can’t let that happen. We can’t let them do that to Robin again.” We. He kept saying. We. We. We. Robin. What he meant was “I can’t let that happen again. I can’t lose you. I can’t let them turn you into a pawn. I can’t let them hurt you again. I won’t let them hurt you again.” “Please…” He begged this time. Then silence falls as he looks at her, tries to find some way to ease her frantic heart and his. Hansel had always been the clever one, but dealing with shit like this… this wasn’t him. This was Gretel. Gretel was always the one who could calm his heart; tell him that it would be alright and he would believe her. She was always the one who could look him in the eye and tell him to think even when the world seemed so obscured and every way out had disappeared. Always the one who pulled him out of the prison the world would build around them. “King John was only interested in us to get to Robin and his men. They will come. There’s nothing we can do about that now.” Guilt swells up inside of him; he shakes his head. They both know what coming here meant for the bandits. It was more than understandable that Gretel was more concerned about Robin and his men than herself. So he had to use that. It was the only way he could get her to agree. “What we can do is keep them from using you again. Look at me, Gretel.” He urged her gaze to meet his. “I will not let them turn you into the means to Robin’s end. I will not let them do that to you.”
tag: @Skylark notes: morgenstern. angst. // i'm so sorry this took forever and a day

PM
^
Gretel Morgenstern
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 10:55 PM
  • Pauper (36)
  • Hansel & Gretel
  • Nomadic
Skylark

I can’t lose you, sis. “I won’t lose you.”

He speaks it like it’s a promise made to them both. He won’t lose her, she won’t lose him. Like it was a promise they had ultimate power over.

His sister heaves a breath. “You won’t lose me.” Her hand in his, another whisper. An empty promise she made without needing a second to think. It left her lips in a breath after his. Hansel hadn’t lost her yet, nor had Robin. Despite how close she’d come, she was still breathing...but for how long? How long was this peace to last? What exactly did King John still have up his sleeve?

Gretel looks to him with panic in her eyes, reminded fully by her twin now that this very possibly wasn’t over at all. This suffering, this near lost, this agony, would very likely not be the last they all faced at the hands of her lover’s enemies. The fear in Hansel’s eyes had dissipated now, replaced by that even tone he always had when he had settled on an action, when he had a plan.

Calm, decided.

Her eyes still frantically search his face.

“But if they’re already coming here- Hansel, what if they’re overpowered this time? John’ll be ready too. He’s not going to let this one slip.” She tried a slow shake of her head, and it immediately sends her dizzy so she rests still on Robin’s pillows. Her eyes closing to that sudden feeling of nausea. “I can’t leave him here.” Alone. No, without her. There is was, that voice within her breathed by the warrior’s heart she’d built herself. One protective of those she loved, even beyond sound reason.

She knew, of course she knew. She was no use to man nor beast in her current state, so soon escaped from death’s grand plan. A liability; and Gretel despised being one. To not be able to even breathe with ease, let alone walk. Let alone get up and fight to defend all she loved.

And still; “we can’t just leave them.” Still, she fought, disregarding all she knew with utter certainty.

Her eyes flicker back open when Hansel’s touch reaches her cheek, holding her face gently in his palm. Her gaze doesn’t leave his as he pleads with her. With all the reasons she couldn’t deny but by god, how she wanted to. “I know, I know.” The whisper once weak is now defeated too, her eyelids sinking shut again.

They couldn’t stay here, not if it would just leave them open to being used as a pawn in another nation’s game. Hansel wouldn’t let that happen to her again, and Gretel hated that her brother had been dragged down into this fucking mess with her, with Robin. With the danger which engulfed them both. No, she couldn’t let Hansel remain exposed to this too...even if getting her away to safety was the excuse that could keep him safe from harm too.

“Please...” Pleads, turn to begs. “I’m sorry I got you into all this, Hansel.”

A joke formed in her mind and died there, before it reached her lips. Swallowed by the solemnity of her apology. If it weren’t for her… The witch hunter was riddled with the same guilt as her lover.

Damn the heart, damn it and all its stubbornness.

Her twin goes on, pleading reason with her. They were better off in safety. The Merry Men could hold their own. They could not stay and let her be used in just the same way again. She might not survive another round of playing pawn in Nottingham’s game. Her eyes find him the very moment Hansel requests it.

“So we bring their mortal enemies down on their heads then fuck off and leave them to it?” Even in her damaged voice, the venom in her words spat. Gretel regretted it immediately. You’re taking your frustration at being bed bound out on him. This isn’t what Hansel deserves right now, it isn’t what either of you need.

Her gaze breaks his, lifted up to stare at the tent fabric above their heads. That unassuming ceiling of colour which wasn’t looking at her right now with pleading eyes and sound reason.

“Sorry. Of course, you’re right.” His sister relinquishes that much, that she was well aware at least of all the sense Hansel was making. “There’s nothing else we can do, is there?” And her trembling tone returns.

Fear for her brother; the other half of her soul. For her love; for the outlaw dancing on a knife’s edge.

+Notes: Morgenstern Angst~
PM
^
Hansel Morgenstern
 Posted: Mar 13 2018, 11:28 PM
  • Pauper (36)
  • Hansel & Gretel
  • Nomadic
Nic

user posted image Raise your voice Oh, my sister Tell the world you won't lay down and die — “You won’t lose me.” They’ve made that same promise hundreds of times before. Times when their situations were at their most dire. Times where one of them was at Death’s door. But every single one of those instances paled in comparison to today. This time it felt like a lie. A lie they both had to believe for it to have any remote chance of becoming true. He squeezes Gretel’s hand when she apologizes to him as if this was all her fault. It wasn’t. And it wasn’t like this wasn’t their normal, right? “Don’t worry about me. There’s nothing to forgive.” He does his best to be strong for her. It wasn’t just her body that had been beaten up, it was her spirit too. The fact that they were here at Robin’s camp made sure of that. King John’s men were coming. It was no longer a question of if but when. “If you won’t do it for your sake and you won’t do it for mine, then do it for Robin.” He finally says, his voice still soft and calm, acknowledging just how much he knew the outlaw meant to her. As far as Hansel was concerned, some part of Gretel was still in denial. How did he know? Because of the way she talked about Robin. As if he were just another one of her lovers inevitably left once the Morgensterns moved on to their next job. And yet, she still kept coming back. He recognized that same behavior; he was the same with Red. “Robin will lose it if King John gets a hold of you again.” His voice is still calm despite the desperation raging in his heart trying to get her to understand. (And me too. I will lose half of me. Lost to a King that isn’t mine because of a conflict that I never took part in a kingdom that was never my home.) This was exactly the reason why neither of them had gotten attached before. It was why they lived their lives going from one place to another, never planting any roots. This is why they’d told themselves time and again that they only needed each other; how they were more than content with the fact that they could only rely on each other. Because in each other, they had all the constancy they needed. It was so much easier then. But there was so much more to fight for now. They both found love; relinquished some part of their hearts without even knowing it. Hansel was going to be a father. And Gretel had almost lost her life for this man. Their worlds were expanding and it was dangerous and it was frightening. Hansel didn’t know how to become a father; he didn’t want to screw up his kid like his father did to them. He didn’t want Red to end up in a cot just like this, inches from death. When Gretel finally agrees, a small sad smile crosses his lips. He knew how hard it was to leave. “We have to go,” he nods. You have to go.”
tag: @Skylark notes: the return of morgenstern angst. idek where this sits in the timeline. does gretel know about pregnant red?
PM
^
Gretel Morgenstern
 Posted: Apr 25 2018, 08:43 PM
  • Pauper (36)
  • Hansel & Gretel
  • Nomadic
Skylark

It felt like a lie she was feeding him.

But then again, wasn’t it always a lie? I won’t die. You won’t lose me. I won’t leave you alone. Empty promises they had neither the knowledge or the power to keep, only the hope. They, neither of them, knew when Death would finally take them, these two children from Valthan’s heart who’d been brushing with Death since they were born. The only power they truly held over life’s end was their stubborn need to keep battling on, to keep living. That desire so strong in the both of them to go down fighting in the end.

It was when, and not if after all. No man could escape death forever.

In her twin’s endless grace, he squeezes her hand and tells her to forget about it. Gretel shook her head slowly against Robin’s pillow. “How can I not worry about you, silly?” She wasn’t the only one hurt in all this, no matter how much Hansel was directing his, and everyone else’s, attentions towards her. She wasn’t the only one who had been dragged into a war that wasn’t hers. But she was the one who’d fallen for Nottingham’s most wanted, the leader of one side of this war which had chewed them up and spat them out, only just breathing…

There were more sensible men to fall for, but Gretel had long since stopped dreaming of finding some simple life like their parents had. She wasn’t that little girl anymore, whose aspirations went as far as marrying young like every girl hoped to, to some handsome and kind man with a stable job. A miner maybe, or perhaps a woodsman like their father. To settle down in a cottage not far from her childhood home and fill their house, their own little corner of the world, with his children. To be a wife, a mother, and be content with just that.

Her aspirations had shifted the moment their father had abandoned them to the woods to die a slow death. The moment she’d been forced to condemn a living creature to burning flames to save her twin. When they’d both found their calling in a business far more vicious, far more her, than settling down ever had been.

“I can’t leave him.” She says again, meaning something entirely different now. Not just leave Robin here as they escaped to safety...but leave him altogether. No matter the danger which followed in his wake, she couldn’t unlove him. And for a heart as stubborn as hers, one which had long ago convinced herself that her brother was all she’d ever need, she knew now that it had latched onto another, it wasn’t letting go without a hell of a fight too.

“I told him I loved him.” Gretel confesses, with a look in her eyes free from pain for one small moment. “And he said he loved me too.” In that, ultimately, their fates had been sealed. For two people so afraid of commitment, to have willingly given themselves over to this notion of love. No matter how complicated this all became for the both of them; the witch hunter and the criminal. It was worth the risk. And Hansel would know just how monumental a step this was for his sister.

Just as she knew how important it was that her brother was starting a family. With a woman he didn’t mind admitting he loved, and not just one of the passing lovers they both liked to fool themselves with. Hansel would be a father soon, and Gretel an aunt with it. Their circle of loved ones was growing so quickly and so far from just each other; a state they had lived in for so many years now. And with it, so was the list of victims their enemies could use against them…

Just as Gretel lay here, only moments from her fight with death, a weapon against the infamous Robin Hood.

Her brother’s words drag her still sickly mind from thoughts of futures and past dreams in tatters. For now, today, they had to live to fight another day. Despite her stubborn need to stay with Robin, Hansel was wearing down her resolve with logic. Slowly but surely. The determination set in her expression as she pleaded with her twin to listen was failing, softening to a reluctant acceptance.

Anyway, if he wanted to take her away, she was hardly in a position to stop him right now.

Do it for Robin if no one else. He pleads with her.

She remembers now when her love refused to promise to stay safe, even on her deathbed, refused to give her peace. Knowing seemingly far more than she that he’d run headfirst into death after her. If she went now, if she stayed safe, he’d stay safe too. As long as King John’s men didn’t get to him before he got to himself.

“I don’t trust him not to do something stupid if that happens...” Gretel admits, forcing a little humour into her voice which made her feel sick to the stomach, at the thought of the consequences her death would bring.

She clings to Hansel’s hand. Already broken, she bends one more time. “Fine. If it’ll get you to shut up about it, Hansel.” That smile comes easily. The one filled with a playfulness that was usually never far from her lips. A sign perhaps stronger than any other that despite what King John had done to her, she’d never lose herself. He’d never be able to take who she was, not even in the very end.

“We’ll go.” If only so it would keep Hansel safe from all this too.

+Notes: (Going to assume that she does! <3) Also, I reckon this is heading towards wrapping up??
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

SKIN MADE BY NIC EXCLUSIVELY FOR FIND THE RABBIT HOLE.