T O G G L E

Add Reply

On The Verge Of It All, Skylark//Cait
Prince Tristan Charming
 Posted: Oct 12 2016, 12:37 AM
  • Royalty (23)
  • Snow White
  • Carpathia
  • “If today's the day I die Lay me down under the lights. Let me fall in love. Let me save a life.”
Kenna

Our lives are made in these small hours, these little wonders, these twists and turns of fate.
Here we go

@Skylark

It had been a long way back.

Leaving his family had been difficult. Finally connecting with his brothers after the long bout of separation had been such a weight lifted off of his shoulders, so now going back into the war zone, into the other part of his life, it wasn't easy.

The entire way back to camp he had the urge to turn around and run back to his family. Back to the home he grew up in. The home that was now his oldest brother's to command. The home that he once wanted to be his. The home where his mother is laid to rest, with his father now beside her.

One of the only things that had pushed to continue his trek to Carpathia was his fiancé. He had to make sure his army was set to take back her home. He had to make sure that those of her people who had sought refuge in Carpathia were okay. He would often find himself amazed and humored that Carpathia was the place that Snow and her people had to seek refuge. Out of all the other kingdoms in Far, Far Away Carpathia is where they ended up. And then he would realize that his dangerous, turmoil filled kingdom was safer then her own home, and his heart would instantly break.

Snow did not belong in Carpathia. Nor did her people. They were too good. She was too good. He would get her back home as fast as he could, after he made it safe for her once again.

Once they had made it back to camp Snow had excused herself. Tristan took that time to go and check on his men, check around camp, and finally approach one of the inhabitants of the camp that he had rarely had any moments to truly talk to.

He walked from where his generals were to the tent that hardly was ever used. He hoped she was there.

Ever since him and Snow had gotten the chance to learn more about each other he had wanted to formally converse with the Queen of the Fae. She was once of the only surviving people from Snow's past, and he wanted to know her.

He stood outside the tent, unsure of how to address her. "Your highness?" He finally called out, waiting for a response.

©

PM
^
Faery Queen Caitir
 Posted: Oct 13 2016, 08:30 PM
  • Magical Beings (742)
  • Pinocchio
  • Elfame
  • “When we're all just matter, that will one day scatter, when peaceful the world lays us down”
Skylark

someone better
smother me in disregard
so I make it through the night
It had been a long while since she had returned to this mortal war. A long time since she had once again to get used to the canvas they placed over her head and the stares they gave her. The Queen of the fae met the humans and their differences with an easy grace, knowing just how much her people’s contribution to these humans’ war was valued.

Without them, without the aid of their magic, they hardly stood a chance in face of Emylynn la Marche. The witch princess. The girl who had descended further into black magic than any other Caitir had ever witnessed.

Still that lingering guilt stung her, that if she had moved in with her aid earlier, the extent of Veroma’s turmoil might have been lessened. That if she had stepped in to save that princess of Iriod before her mother and her coven got their claws into her, perhaps then the girl might have been saved. Might have been happy even. Her lights had been bright once. Light, pure.

They were no longer. The black magic cloaking her soul so strong all these years later that they had managed to force their vision on her, the Queen of Elfame. And from an object that her magic hadn’t even touched.

No, she couldn’t afford to think like that. In a position as the one she’d been bestowed with, there were always decisions to make, many of them tough. With a power as she wielded, there came a choice between who to save and who to allow to die. Emylynn had fallen into the latter category. And as her little brother had well said, it was beyond her power to save them all.

Today was a day for blue, the Queen felt. The delicate coronet of forget-me-nots threaded through her dark hair matched the shade of her dress. Simple, as always. Her feet bare as always. On appearance alone, one would look right past her. A young thing, one would hardly know she was a Queen.

No, her power was in everything else, everything conscious. The very way she held herself spoke of the grandeur, the grace, the authority that truly was found behind her unassuming exterior. Her physical power, well, that came off her in waves.

The Queen of Elfame stood in the war tent granted to her now, rifling through papers. Catching up on all she had missed whilst away in Elfame, dealing with her own people's business, not this side interest she had devoted herself to. The princess, her ward, and her fiance had left the camp shortly after Caitir had been here last, to travel to the human kingdom from which he heralded to witness the death and funeral of his father. They might not be fae, but Caitir spared the human king’s children her deepest empathies, knowing exactly the heartache of losing a parent.

Her own were torn from her on the same night. Slaughtered side by side, blood harvested to feed the greed of the human species. Yes, the Gavenias knew just the heartbreak, just the fury, that grew from loss.

The heartbreak and fury had taken their eldest brother too.

“Your Highness?” The call comes from behind her, a male voice resounding from outside her tent. Caitir turned from the papers as one of her attendants flitted out of the canvas flap that marked this abode’s entrance.

Prince Tristan Charming. Another supporter in Snow’s war. She had not spent much time with the man beyond that spent with others around war tables. But she recognised his voice well enough. As she did the incorrect address he used. A situation she giggled softly in hearing her attendant, Fayette, attending to.

“It’s ‘Your Majesty’, Your Highness.” Came Fayette’s tinkling, breathy tone. Even in broad daylight, her bright glow showing through the tent fabric. Laughing gently, Caitir made her way across the tent to the entrance. Speaking as she came to step outside to greet the prince. “Thank you, Fayette, I am sure His Highness is aware.” Now both faeries were tittering, perhaps at a joke the prince was not privy to.

The little faery eventually bowed and returned inside Caitir’s temporary quarters here, leaving her Queen to speak with the human. Caitir turned to him, her blue wings stretching out behind her. Her expression solemn, a stark contrast to her soft humour of only moment earlier. Now, her demeanor was firmly that of a Queen who well understood her powers, an air of seriousness, of rigid formalities lacing her words.

Elfame’s Queen was often found to be this way before humans, ones she had not yet warmed to. With a coldness and formality to suit the grace and elegance she held herself with. It was not the same around those humans she had taken a liking to. To those they saw the legend that she was soften away to the faery whose heart beat behind the enormous weight of her title.

“Your Highness.” Her hands came to clasp lightly together before her. “You wish to speak with me? Is anything wrong or is it general business?”

Tag: @Kenna
Notes: <3

PM
^
Prince Tristan Charming
 Posted: Nov 2 2016, 12:21 AM
  • Royalty (23)
  • Snow White
  • Carpathia
  • “If today's the day I die Lay me down under the lights. Let me fall in love. Let me save a life.”
Kenna

Our lives are made in these small hours, these little wonders, these twists and turns of fate.
Here we go

@Skylark

The Queen's attendant was the one to reply to the Prince

He let out a soft chuckle at the fae's response. He could see the fairy through the tent, the magic glowing. "My apologies." he replied. He took a step back as the Queen stepped outside of her tent, both fairies seeming to laugh.

It was so unlike a normal laugh though. And he couldn''t help but feel that it was at his expense and something about it unsettled him more than laughter would be. "I mean it, your majesty." He said, using the correct term this time. "I often forget which addresses are used in the Fae world. I don't have much experience with ones of your kind." Or, positive experience, at least, he should have said.

The smaller faery disappeared back into the tent leaving the Queen and the Prince alone. He took in her large blue wings and the change in her demeanor. The laughter was gone and the regal was back. He expected it though, so there was no offense.

This woman has loved Snow long before he was in her life. She had looked after her for so long now. She was protective. Their relationship was different than most faes and humans. And Tristan, well he hadn't been warm to Snow right away. He hadn't been welcoming. Helpful, yes. Kind, no.

He wasn't sure how much the Faery Queen knew. How much she cared. But either way he vowed to remain respectful and kind to the Fae Queen.

"Nothing wrong. Everything is going surprisingly well actually. Everything held together just fine during my - trip." The topic of Faldor was still sore. The loss of his father stung. But now he had the reconnected relationships with brothers and that bit of silver lining made everything feel a little bit okay. "I wanted to check in, make sure you have all you need. I know that you are far from needing my help with anything, but if there is anything I can do to make you and your people more comfortable please do not hesitate to tell me."

He shifted on his feet a bit. "But I do also want to talk about Snow."

©

PM
^
Faery Queen Caitir
 Posted: Nov 26 2016, 04:26 PM
  • Magical Beings (742)
  • Pinocchio
  • Elfame
  • “When we're all just matter, that will one day scatter, when peaceful the world lays us down”
Skylark

someone better
smother me in disregard
Though he had rather gotten off on the wrong foot in slipping up in his address, the prince seemed genuinely apologetic and the faery Queen shared with him a gentle smile. One which told of her forgiveness for a matter which had hardly offended her in the first place.

“It is alright, your Highness. In our own tongues, we have different addresses but if we are speaking your language, then we use the same addresses as you.” Caitir explained in soft tones, allowing a gentle smile to tug at the corners of her lips. “Yes, my people are aware of the fact.” Despite the colder topic, her gentle tone never changed. Even stepping into the territory which had seen a human king persecute her people for merely the crime of being what they were.

It was none of the sons’ faults though, the crimes of their father, so Caitir left it there. Always hopeful that the future would see a freer land for her people here. Knowing already that once this war had been wrought, the Veroma Isles would be made a safe haven for her people, a gift granted by their princess in reward for their contribution in her war.

The Queen nodded at the prince’s words, more than a little relieved to hear there was not some issue. Since allying herself and her people to the same cause as these humans, the man to whom Snow was betrothed had not spent too much time talking to her beyond discussions across the occasional meeting table. And neither had Caitir much had the time. She shared a sympathetic smile at the topic of his father’s death. “Please, allow me to offer condolences to you and your family.”

Her smile grew wider at the consideration the prince displayed, for both herself and her people. “Thank you, Prince Tristan, that is very generous of you but there is nothing we need as of now. My kind are comfortable enough here.” Caitir worded gently, knowing that what discomfort there was for her people was no fault of his and was beyond his control to fix. Though she was indeed grateful for his offer. He could do nothing about the unease amongst some of her people about partaking in another human war, nor the inevitable divide between human and fae amongst the war camp here in Carpathia. Those problems were either not his or to ingrained for anyone to remedy.

So Caitir displayed her gratitude and declared any help so far unnecessary.

“But I do also want to talk about Snow.”

Ah. So finally there came the truth of the matter. The prince was here to speak of his finace, and revealed his true intent on requesting a meeting with the Queen of Elfame, who had taken the young princess as her ward.

Caitir met his statement, noting his sudden air of slight discomfort, with a kind smile and gestured behind her. “Come, your Highness, let us speak further inside.”

PM
^
Prince Tristan Charming
 Posted: Dec 3 2016, 01:44 AM
  • Royalty (23)
  • Snow White
  • Carpathia
Kenna

Tristan let out a held breathe as the Queen gave him a gentle smile. Her words that followed it put him even more at ease, and he wasn't sure if it was what she had said or because of the soft way it was said.

"I would love to sit down and learn more about your people and your customs." Tristan offered, genuinely interested in the woman who had taken his fiancee in as her ward. He held his hands together in front of himself, giving her a slight nod of the head in respect as she offered her condolences to him.

He took a deep breath as the last few weeks rushed into his mind. "Thank you, your Majesty." he said, adopting the proper title. "Though it was something that we knew was coming, and though we prepared ourselves for the day it would happen, I don't think any of us were truly prepared for my father's passing." A small smile graced his face now though. "But I know my brother will do a wonderful job taking the throne, and all my other brothers will do amazing things in their own kingdoms. I think we are about to see a big switch in Far, Far Away. A growing of sorts." Tristan was very excited to see what his brothers would do. What he would do.

His latest visit to Faldor had brought out a side of Tristan that he had hidden away long ago, a side he thought he had lost. But it wasn't just Faldor that brought that out. It was also the people in his life. His soldiers. His brothers. Snow.

At her thanks he smiled and nodded once more. "Just know that any thing you require, do not hesitate to ask." Tristan looked around his camp that surrounded him and the fairy queen, before looking back at her. He could see the kind smile on her face as his discomfort filled the air.

Tristan followed the Queen as they walked through the opening of the tent. "Really, your Majesty, thank you so much for your time. There have been a few things on my mind lately that I have wanted to bring up to you lately." He shifted on his feet slightly. "I know it is a conversation that many want to avoid, but since it will be at our door any day now, I would like to discuss the upcoming, impending battles ."

©

PM
^
Faery Queen Caitir
 Posted: Dec 5 2016, 05:10 PM
  • Magical Beings (742)
  • Pinocchio
  • Elfame
Skylark

someone better
smother me in disregard
The prince showed interest in her people, spoke of learning their ways and their customs, and a curious look came about the Queen’s features. Before the smile on her lips grew brighter. “That can be arranged, Your Highness. If we are to go into war alongside your own people, it would be wise to learn more of your allies.” She doubted he knew very much about the fae race, few humans did, except for those who for whatever reason shared lands with the fae. And given the circumstance that this prince especially had grown up in, it was clear to Caitir that there had been little opportunity for an education on the fair folk who once ran freely in his native kingdom.

She nodded understandingly as he spoke of his father, of the preparedness for his death that had not prepared them at all. “Of course. Nothing can quite prepare you fully for the loss of kin.” Caitir shook her head sadly, for a moment debating with herself whether to mention something. Her dark eyes found the human’s and her mind was made up. “My own parents were taken quite suddenly, at the same time.” If they were to talk, they must do it openly and honestly. In order to break the walls of formality and caution that had seemingly grown between the two sides of this war camp, they must do it by being honest and open with each other. And so the Queen of all Eflame shared a small yet important piece of her life with the human prince, one that not many beyond the fae folk had ever heard. “Be thankful, Your Highness, that you got a chance for farewells, the world can be a much crueller mistress.”

She observed the small smile which grew on the features once covered in grief. The smile is mirrored on her lips as he speaks of changing. As he speaks of the future. “I am glad to hear you have faith in them. For my people, kin, blood, it is such a vital thing in our lives. Do not forget them, prince, but also do not underestimate them. My people shall look forward to this future the Charmings shall pave.” Away now from the lingering shadow of their father’s blind ignorance, his malevolent hatred of what he could barely understand, perhaps his sons might do a better job in governing their kingdom for all its inhabitants, and not just the human ones.

“Maybe my people shall one day be free to reside in their homes without the threat of persecution.” Caitir lays the hope down before the prince, a barely audible edge to her words which spoke of the suffering her people had endured at the hands of humans who claimed a land for their own, who lorded their power over creatures who had resided there for millennia before them.

The Queen nodded her head once at his offer. “That is generous of you, Your Highness. I shall be sure to keep that in mind.”

With that final sentiment, the Queen offered them relief for the openness of the camp outside to the privacy of the tent which had been loaned to her for the base of her work whilst she was here aiding the war effort. The prince followed the faery inside and Caitir could sense his discomfort at the situation, observing his expression and the way he shifted his feet.

“Please, sit down if it would make you more comfortable.” She gestured over to a nearby wooden chair before listening as the prince spoke. She shook her head gently at his words. “It is not a conversation that I shall ever shy away from, Your Highness, and it is certainly not a topic we can ever avoid. I did not have to, but I have promised my aid to the princess’ war, my people’s aid, and I shall never be uncomfortable in speaking of a choice I have made with complete faith in my decision so do not be afraid to approach me.” The Queen spoke, her tone one of authority, sincerity, displaying all the regality that those who had met her would always speak of after the encounter had long since passed.

“What is it exactly you wish to discuss?”

PM
^
Prince Tristan Charming
 Posted: Dec 30 2016, 12:55 AM
  • Royalty (23)
  • Snow White
  • Carpathia
Kenna

He did the thing!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Skylark

”Oh I agree, whole heartedly, I do.” Tristan said, a slight eagerness to his voice. But it was not just because of the war that he wanted to learn of the fae. It was because they were people who were so dear to someone who had become so dear to him.

Tristan smiled lightly at the Queen’s understanding. ”But there is also nothing we can do to change the past, so it is almost useless to dwell on it in such a negative way. At least, that is what I keep telling myself. I’ve been trying to look ahead, look at the future, look at what good can come of this.” What good could happen to him if he accepted to future set before him. A future with Declan ruling Far, Far Away. A future of love and connection with his brothers. A future beside Snow.

The Queen spoke of her parents and Tristan lowered his head slightly. ”I am sorry for the loses you have suffered, Your Majesty.” She spoke of cruelty and farewells and Tristan knew he had been lucky. That him and his brothers had been blessed with the chance to say goodbye. But he had not fully appreciated it at the time, and that was his regret.

Tristan sees his own smile mirrored on the face of the Fae Queen’s. ”I can promise you, your majesty, from my kingdom you will no longer see the cruelty and narrow-mindedness that once made its home in Far, Far Away, and I know many of my brothers would tell you the same.” His face became more serious. ”It will not be tolerated.”

”Your people will forever be welcome in Carpathia.”

The two moved further into the tent at the Queen’s gesture. Tristan took the seat offered to him and listened as the Queen replied to his words. ”I am very thankful for you aid to Snow, your Majesty. Truly I am.” Tristan took a moment to take in a deep breath.

”Which leads me into what I wish to discuss.”

His hands twiddled in front of him as he attempted to formulate his words in his head before he spoke. ”With the battle nearing I have been attempting to formulate different ways to ensure Snow White’s safety.” Tristan’s eyes were focused towards the ground away from him, not looking at the Fae Queen. His face twisted into a look of slight confusion and distress as his words began to leak from his mouth. ”I have my best swords and archers as part of her own personal battalion, myself included, but it still doesn’t feel like enough. Of course, what could be enough against an enemy like this. My men and I, we are but mortals. And she, she is not. She is, something else entirely, from what I hear.” Tristan’s words spilled recklessly now, and he wasn’t sure if they were even meant for his current company anymore of if they were for himself. He began to fidget more, barely able to keep himself sitting.

”I will not lie what I say I fear the battle to come. Only a fool would be unafraid. And I like to think I am no fool, nor are my men.” He finally stood, unable to sit still anymore. He began to pace. ”I am not enough to protect her, and I come to you to ask of you for support and numbers in the men and women that will be there to protect the princess personally. She will beg for her people to be protected, but she must be protected. No matter what happens to anyone. No matter what happens to my men, to the people, to me. No matter what she must be protected.” His pacing sped up a bit. ”I refuse to let anything happen to her. I refuse to go down without a fight. I refuse to let any harm come to her while I am able. I refuse to let another piece of my heart be taken away. I refuse to lose another person I love-“ Tristan froze, realizing the words that just left his mouth. The ones that had been swimming in his brain and in his heart for a while now. Ones he had refused to accept himself. Ones that were not out before him, and before the Queen.

”I mean…” he stutters out. ”I mean…” No. he thinks. No more denying. ”I love her. I love her too much to have anything happen to her. Even if it means losing my own life. And I come to you, asking if there is any way, anyway at all you could make it so that if there had to be a life loss, some how, some how her life could be saved, even if it means losing my own.”

Tristan stayed frozen in his spot. ”It is a lot to ask, and it may be impossible. And I know this sounds completely insane, but, I just had to see. I just had to put it out there. Because-“ And the words came again. ”I am hopelessly in love with that Princess.”

©

PM
^
Faery Queen Caitir
 Posted: Jan 30 2017, 08:57 PM
  • Magical Beings (742)
  • Pinocchio
  • Elfame
Skylark

someone better
smother me in disregard
Caitir gave a gentle nod as the human spoke of the past, his beliefs ones she often shared on the matter. Indeed, there could be little use of living in the past when they were all creatures of the present. Especially for creatures like she, who had so very much past behind her, and so many years ahead, there could be no good to be found in dwelling too long on what had happened. Or indeed what might have been.

“Wise words, prince. I often believe the same. We are the living, and so we have a duty to live. We look to the future, for the past can do nothing now but teach us.” The Queen commented, that soft smile still on her lips.

Caitir let free a small piece of information about herself, not a great amount, but it was something. Something few human ears had ever heard, and so it just went to show the trust she was handing this prince. And her acknowledgement of the trust she and her people were getting in return.

Her eyes watched his head lower and she shook her own at his apologies. “There is no need, Your Highness. My parents died long before even your grandparents were born. My siblings and I...we have learnt to live with that loss. I will not lie and say it did not take time, but we got through together. And I believe they would be very proud of where we stand now.” For they hadn’t lived to see their eldest son lose himself in revenge for their deaths. They hadn’t seen their eldest daughter kill her own kin to prevent him tearing the human worlds apart. Nor were they there to know that it was the reason their daughter was coronated by their people as their next Queen. And see all their surviving children work so seamlessly together as leaders and protectors of their race.

“One thing to remember, prince, always treasure your family. There is nothing to be gained in turning them away.” Caitir smiled knowingly, all at once appearing as if she knew something more than what her words implied.

“Thank you. I shall be glad to tell my people that Carpathia can once again safely be their home again, Your Highness.” It was the start of a movement far greater than simply that, Caitir could feel it. For their part in her war, the princess had promised the Veroma Isles she would raise again from the ashes to also be a safe haven to the fae. And the air was stirring in the whole of Far, Far Away. From the southern reaches of Danthor and Valthan that had never truly been infected by the poison of their King’s narrow view to the northern Faldor, where the fae could not step foot without disguise, for fear of persecution.

“Times are changing, prince. This is only the beginning, I know it.”

At her request, they finally took their conversation inside her tent and away from prying ears. With the flap back in place and the prince carefully seated, it became just the two of them properly. And Caitir hoped that would allow the prince to say whatever it was he wished without fear of judgement. Certainly not from the Queen before him.

She nodded once as he mentioned Snow, having guessed already that this was what this conversation was truly going to be about. But without a word, she let him continue. Silently, taking in everything the prince said as he slowly grew more and more agitated. Tristan wished to ensure her safety, and Caitir smiled in understanding at that. As he gave his reasons, trying to formulate the most effective method he could, before requesting her aid in that endeavour.

Truthfully, Caitir was exactly the same page as the prince. She had taken Snow under her protection and joined her war because she had promised her own mother, a dear friend of hers, that she would protect her child. A child they didn’t know then would be her only one. Caitir in the thick of Snow’s struggles, was making good on that promise to Essa. As well as liberate her people from another incarnate of the twisted Emylynn, protecting Snow’s life so she might sit on her rightful throne thereafter was Caitir’s greatest priority. She’d already conversed with her brother on the matter.

Though the princess would indeed wish to be in the middle of the action, of leading her people, it was essential that she also be kept far enough away and well enough protected to remain safe. It would be a bitter pill to swallow, being forced to the background to allow others to die to protect your life, but Snow was the rightful heir; the symbol of this entire revolt. And so, she must be kept alive. No matter the cost to those around her.

The Queen was about to open her mouth to speak these truths and agree with the prince, to let him know a plan had already been concocted by the faery side of their army, when the prince’s own speech took a dramatic turn.

“I love her.” The soft smile grew, her blue wings fluttering suddenly behind her.

“I am hopelessly in love with that Princess.”

“And finally, the prince reveals his truth.” She laughs at him, kindly, not vindictively. Laughs at just what a feat it was for this human to admit what his heart knew to be so achingly true. “It sounds to me as if you have been hiding that away in your heart for a very long time?” Caitir questioned him, the smile on her lips one of pride. The fae often did not feel romantic love as humans did, who usually fell so very hard for one particular soul.

“Your Highness, I carry a gift that is very rare, even amongst my people. My father passed it to me and it gives me the ability to read what he called ‘lights’. They appear like orbs, coloured, each one representing a feeling or an emotional state. Some you have even hidden so deep, you do not realise they are there at all.”

With her words, the fae Queen practically skipped across the space between them, reaching out a hand as she reached the prince. “May I?” Her hands reach for one of his own, her eyes closing as soon as their skin touched.

And yes, there it was, so remarkably clear. A pink, so bright and yet still attempting to hide its presence behind the other colours before it.

Caitir opened her eyes again and immediately began giggling. All of a sudden, the childish nature she had always retained, showing through her regal exterior. “Oh, Tristan! They make it so very obvious!” She released his hand and stood again, calming her tinkling laugh. “I appreciate your honesty in telling me something so close to your heart. It must have taken a great deal of courage.”

“Now, as far as her safety is concerned, I believe you and I are...how do the humans put it? Ah, yes, singing off the same hymn sheet, if you will. Her safety is essential for the morale of her forces and in maintaining the motivation of all our troops.” Caitir seamlessly switched the topic, once again becoming formal and regal, from the childishness she had shown for a brief moment earlier. “Though Snow may be unhappy about other people giving their lives for her, it is inevitable. Her life is far more valuable than most in this war and so, it must be protected. Even if sacrifices must be made.”

Caitir began to walk back across her tent, pacing now as she began to talk him through her plans. “Your men’s protection will be a great asset in defending the princess. As for the fae, my brother, Prince Calder and I have spoken about this already and we quickly have come to the conclusion that one of the faery royals should remain with her party. For as long as it is sensible at least, as well as having various faery warriors stationed with her.”

She turned suddenly back to face the prince, laying what she and Calder had devised before the prince. “My brothers, Prince Coinneach and Prince Cailean will be leading the effort with healing the wounded with a group of skilled fae healers. Their magic will be far more helpful on such a scale than your human advancements in healing. My sister, Princess Coira, will remain back from the action, aiding with the tactics of our troops.” She stopped suddenly, rather aware she might be overwhelming the prince. Especially if he had little knowledge of her siblings. “Which would leave either myself, Prince Conall or Prince Calder to serve to protect Snow.”

Notes: omg this got so so long <3 (also, I think she likes him)
PM
^
Prince Tristan Charming
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 03:28 PM
  • Royalty (23)
  • Snow White
  • Carpathia
Kenna

Tris no.

@Skylark

He hears a flutter and a laugh, and it is enough to bring his eyes back up to the Queen in front of him.

”Yes, my truth.” He says quietly. Tristan raises a hand and places it on the back of his neck, rubbing the baseline of his hair nervously. The Queen says he had been hiding it for some time now and he nods, almost in a trance like state. ”From myself included.” He mutters.

How is it that now he is realizing this? How has he not let himself realize this before? Was is nerves? Was it the distraction of the wars around him? Was it guilt?

Guilt that by agreeing to the engagement he was taking away Snow’s chance of finding her own love someday? Guilt that maybe his heart did not solely belong to one person? A thought of Rae flickered through his head. It was no longer common for him to think of her every day as he had for so long. But she was still there, there in his heart. And maybe he felt guilty for betraying that part of his heart. Or maybe he felt guilty for not allowing it to let go and to fully love the woman whom he was set to marry.

And maybe it was fear. Fear that Snow would never love him back, not like Rae loved him, not like Snow had loved Mikul.

But they are both gone. Rae and Mikul. They are not with them any longer. But he was there, and so was Snow. They are there now. The two of them.

But, what if Rae came back?

The Fae Queen grabs his attention again as she skipped across the room to him, explaining a sort of gift she had. He wasn’t fully sure of what she meant, but suddenly her hands reached for one of his and he allowed her to take it.

A giggle left the fairy again and in the blink of an eye the regal queen before him seemed to become like a child again. She released his hand and began to quiet herself, Tristan’s head still spinning slightly.

Caitir switches the conversation right back to Snow’s safety and for that Tristan is thankful. ”I am relieved to hear of your plans.” He says honestly. His head was spinning a bit again with the talk of all of her siblings. But as a war general does, he retained the information. He would remember it, and he would use it when needed. ”But I think I need to be clear about one major request.”

Tristan inhaled deeply. ”If someone must go down tomorrow, that someone will be me, not her. And I don’t know the extent of your magic or your pull on things, but if you can control this in anyway, I am begging you,” As he spoke he moved himself to one knee, head bent before the fairy queen. ”I am pleading with you, that it be me.”

©

PM
^
Faery Queen Caitir
 Posted: Jun 5 2017, 08:47 PM
  • Magical Beings (742)
  • Pinocchio
  • Elfame
Skylark

someone better
smother me in disregard
All of a sudden, the prince switched, from the bravery of his final admittance, to the awkwardness that settled in him afterwards. Caitir sees the unsureness in his actions but pushed forwards with her excited reaction regardless. She laughed at his words, in this mood as it was in all of them the sound coming out as that light twinkling. A sound as beautiful as it was otherworldly.

“It never fails to amaze me the capability of the human heart to hide so much from the human mind.” It almost seemed as if in these creatures that the two were so entirely separate, so often did Caitir hear and see humans managing to lie to even themselves. Then again, they were such stubborn creatures. And if a truth was difficult, regardless of it being a truth, they often did so prefer a much easier lie.

She took his hand with barely a moment spared to allow him to offer it, too eager for once to see what Caitir already guessed she would observe when peering into his soul as was the gift inherited from her father allowed her to.

And it took barely a moment again for her to switch back, to shed the almost childlike excitement she had shown him, a side to her she shared with so few, back to the regal demeanor that was how Caitir portrayed herself to the many, not the few.

The Queen nodded, her movements once again elegant and calculated, at his acceptance of her plan. A frown forming on her brow as the prince mentioned some specific request. Caitir knew already that she would do all that was in her power and reasonable to carry out in order to protect the princess who she had taken not only as a ward but a close friend. She of course was not blind to the sheer danger posed by this war ahead, nor to the importance that Snow be an active part of the conflict. But as a leader of a great people herself, Caitir also understood the great importance of Snow’s survival for this movement, not just for her sake but her entire nation. Her life had to be protected, not because she was Snow or a friend but because she was rightful heir. Because she was the object her people needed to rally behind.

So it was with a certain sense of curiosity that the Queen listened to Tristan’s next speech, that she then watched him move from his seated position to kneel before her. Lowering his head to her as he revealed this one major request he had in mind.

Caitir wasn’t sure what reaction the prince was expecting from her, but she could probably guess that her laughter wasn’t it. It was not a sound of condescension, quite the opposite. Mainly purely amused by the entire idea the prince was proposing. A few seconds later and Caitir had moved closed, crouching a little before him so her fingers could find his chin and lift the prnce’s face back to look up at hers.

“Would you really be fool enough to tempt fate in such a way, your Highness?” She asked, her tone void of any amusement or mockery. It was a question asked truly in pure curiosity as for the answer, her eyes searching his face as she moved her hand away and straightened back up.

“You do not know of my power and you truly do not know of the forces at play here, prince.” She stated, her expression and tone a world away now from the childishness she’d displayed to him earlier. It was evident now that despite her appearance, just how ancient a creature she truly was. Just what wisdom and power she held. “I could bind your life to such a fate, but what good would that do us all? War certainly is an unpredictable foe and what shall come of it none of us can predict. There shall be loss of life, of that we can all be certain, but who shall be taken we cannot know until it happens.”

The faery took a step back from him, her expression solemn to speak of such inevitable tragedy, but still she knew better than to meddle with the ways of war. With the great destinies of life and death that even the fae were eventually victims of.

“Stand, your Highness. I shall ensure all is done to protect your love but I shall not use my magic to sign your death sentence. That is for fate to decide.”

Notes: whoops sorry Tris lol <3
PM
^
Prince Tristan Charming
 Posted: Oct 8 2017, 01:47 PM
  • Royalty (23)
  • Snow White
  • Carpathia
Kenna

Ugh, come on Tris.

@Skylark

Tristan looked at the Queen again as she spoke of human hearts and minds. ”It seems to be a great weakness of ours.” He replied, accepting that this new revelation truly did feel like a weakness. Love was a weakness for a warrior, it gave you something you could lose, it gave you something you would leave behind, and for a soldier that is one of the hardest things to have. He knew that already, for he had already had a love that he left behind.

True, Tristan had his brothers also, and his land and people, but it wasn’t until recently that his relationship with all of them began to heal. But before there were only two things he truly had to leave behind. One was a dragon that had flown away, and the second was his legacy. And Tristan had worked his entire life to have a legacy to leave behind. It was another weakness.

Tristan was brought back to the moment by the elegant and graceful moves of the fae Queen before him. It was almost unsettling, how other worldly she seemed and felt, but in this moment Tristan could not focus on that. Not with everything else that lay before him. Not with the burning question in his brain that he had to ask the powerful woman before him. But he then began to notice her frown as he spoke.

Somewhere in his speech he had ended up on his knees before the queen. With his head down he heard her laughter before he saw her expression change. His head rose a bit, but he still was not looking at the queen. Was she mocking him? Even if she was some great, powerful, age old leader, his blood boiled for a second. He would not be mocked and made fun of in his own camp. But then her words settled him back.

Would he tempt fate like that?

Of course he would. For Snow White.

”I would.” He said back, raising his eyes to meet hers again. ”In a heartbeat.”

As she spoke of the forces at play Tristan rose again, standing before her. ”The forces at play are life and death. They are the only forces ever at play. The only ones that matter.” He said after her own little speech. Tristan took a deep breathe. ”I must share something else with you, your majesty.”

Tristan took a step back from the fae and began to walk around the tent a bit, getting his thoughts in order. ”Something is very different about this battle, obviously.” He finally said. ”But I feel it at a much more personal level also. I had a mentor once that said a true soldier can sense when his end is coming. The day he told me that he said we would not see each other again. Three days later he died in a fight.” Tristan looked back to Caitir again. ”Your majesty, I will not make it through this battle. I know that already. You would not be signing my death sentence, for it has already been signed. I can feel it. But if my life could just be the price that is paid instead of Snow’s..that is all I am asking for.”

But he knew. Something in him knew that she would not give him what he wanted. No one would. Or could.

©

PM
^
Faery Queen Caitir
 Posted: Nov 22 2017, 10:57 AM
  • Magical Beings (742)
  • Pinocchio
  • Elfame
Skylark

someone better
smother me in disregard
Somehow, somewhen, he ends up on his knees before her. Grovelling for death before one of the few who had the power to bind him to it irrevocably.

“What a fool you are, Prince Charming.” She shook her head, laughing softly in disbelief at the full extent of the foolishness of mankind.

Dark eyes watch as the prince knelt beneath her stands once more, repeating words to her which spoke of forces which he far from understood. “Yes, you are right in that,” Caitir interjected as the prince began to pace about her tent. “But do not think for a moment that you understand the true balance between life and death. None of us do, your Highness. And you have barely lived at all.” Just twenty three years. She reminded herself now. For one who often dealt solely with the fae, it was difficult in times like this, when she threw her lot in with a group of humans, to remember truly how young they all were.

Just how much emphasis they all placed on the great and ever looming death.

The Queen remains quiet then, letting the prince have the chance to speak his mind. To lay down to her this perceived notion of knowing just when your end would come. Another one of these strange human sensations, like when they spoke of someone walking over their grave, or of feeling like they had been in a place before that they had never seen.

She waited, observing silently, until he was finally done before speaking up. Let him run up right until the moment he promised that she would not be signing his death sentence but rather delivering it under particular circumstances instead.

“You wish to die, Charming?” Her head tilts to the side, seemingly in genuine curiosity. “I could kill you right now, where you stand, if you are so desperate for it.” The fingers of her right hand twitch, and suddenly a light emanates from her palm. A light clear, and white, and blinding.

The light is gone from her skin almost as soon as it had been lit. “And what good would that do any of us? About the same amount of good as having my magic assure your death on that battlefield when neither of us know just what will unfold.” She began to take steps towards where he stood, crossing the small distance between them. “You wish to die in her place? Yet how can you know if her life will be at risk at all? I dare say she will be the most protected player on the board.”

The Queen of Elfame was stood in front of him now, looking up into his face. Her dark eyes wild. “Do not think you can just talk of death and claim to know of what you speak.”

She reached up towards him, taking his face in both her hands so he could not choose to turn away from her gaze. “What do you see when you look at me, Tristan?” A pause. As her eyes search his expression for his answer. “An ancient creature who speaks far too much in rhyme perhaps, and not enough in reason?” She let out a light laugh, that tinkling sound which soon died in the air.

“Just know that deep down, you and I, we are the same. We are both warriors.” A hand moves to place itself over his heart. One she can feel beating loudly beneath his clothing, almost as it were proclaiming proudly that it was still alive.

Her gaze shifted back up to Tristan’s face. “I know I do not seem like it, but I long ago swore to do whatever I must to protect my people. For the sake of balance and the sake of justice, I have spilt more blood than you can imagine. I have fought in my fair share of bloody conflicts, and I have played a hand in many more.” Her words build, one after another, like the onward march of an army. There was a passion bleeding into them, one which the elegant faery Queen usually kept so restrained. “In my years, I have seen ages pass and whole kingdoms fall, and the fae have always been watching. Led to battle by my command.” And they followed her into war over and over again, holding an unflinching faith in their chosen monarch. For they had picked her out, they had laid the crown on her head, and in doing so, handed the fate of their entire race to the young faery who shared their grief, and their belief in a better future.

Her hands fell from him, returning to be held just in front of her. Her demeanour back to what it once had been. But her words held no less power.

“I shall warn you again, prince, to not tempt fate, she is a cruel mistress who finds her fun in the worst situations.” She shook her head at him. “I beg you also not to goad death quite so loudly, she is a far crueller mistress still.”

Her words hung in the air for a moment as she didn’t break her stare, letting her own requests of him sink in. For a moment, before she laughed gently and shook her head at him once more. “You cannot honestly realise just how important you are. To the future of these isles, to the rightful Queen herself. You clearly have so very little comprehension of that.” Her voice had grown softer, kinder than her usual regal tone, now as Caitir shared a smile with the prince once more. The prince who had no idea just the weight of his future for those of Veroma. “I have sworn to do all in my power to protect my ward, Prince Tristan, and in light of recent developments, that extends now to you.”

And with those words all she gave to serve as a warning, Caitir reached a hand over his heart again. Without gaining his permission, performing the exact opposite of what he had asked for. Her eyes fall closed as she channeled her magic through her hand. Letting it flow from her into him, as her palm grew hot against his chest. It was a generic form of protection; it had to be, with no context of just what danger it was meant to be defending this heart from.

Her eyes snap open again the very moment her hand falls from his chest.

“There. Let that satisfy you, your Highness.” She nodded a few times to herself, her mind just confirming the magic she had lost and the worthiness of the one who now bore it. “It is nothing specific. It holds no guarantee, but perhaps it can turn death’s eye to your ridiculous pleads.”

It is then she heard a movement from the tent entrance, eyes seeking out the newcomer who was lifting aside the flap. A gentle smile growing on her lips at the sight of Fayette, the faithful messenger who had left them to speak moments ago. “Your Majesty,” Caitir nodded to invite her entrance, to which the tiny faery merely kept by the entrance. “The Prince Conall has requested your presence in Elfame, ma’am.” Ah, Conall. If it were he out of all his siblings, Caitir knew it must be important business of some kind. It probably had to do with the use of the faery portals which they’d offered once more in this human war as safe travel for the fighting and the wounded and the dead. An offer which had much further reaching complications for the fae than the humans could understand.

“I will be right with you. Thank you, Fayette.” Caitir nodded once more, turning to the prince as the faery left the tent to await her Queen outside. “It seems I am needed elsewhere, your Highness, but I do hope you will take something away from this meeting of ours.” She shared with him a parting smile. “I look forward to fighting alongside you in battle.” She ducked her head to him, a final sign of respect for the young prince, before turning to leave.

Caitir halted just before the tent entrance, pausing to think for a moment before looking back over her shoulder. Offering the prince some final parting words.

“Do not speak of the price of war, Tristan, not until the battles are won.”

And with that, she stepped across the tent’s threshold, tearing a portal into her home kingdom as she did, and promptly disappeared from view. Sealing her world up behind her.

Notes: jfc Cait...she's only like this bc she's worried about him, I promise <3
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

SKIN MADE BY NIC EXCLUSIVELY FOR FIND THE RABBIT HOLE.