Add Reply
New Poll

Til My Lungs Give Out, Kelly//Snow
Prince Tristan Charming
 Posted: Dec 15 2017, 05:10 AM
  • Royalty (24)
  • Snow White
  • Carpathia
  • “If today's the day I die Lay me down under the lights. Let me fall in love. Let me save a life.”
Kenna

My love for you is never in doubt ♥
hope this works!!

@Kelly

Tristan had never despised something so much in his life, he was sure of it.

Leaning against the wall of one of Veroma castle’s side hallways, the prince glared at the cane in his hands. He thought the bed rest would be the worst part of this recovery, but he had been mistaken. Being on bed rest had been awful, that he couldn’t deny, but at least there other people couldn’t see him. Of course Snow did, and those who came in to help change his bandages or deliver food or what not, but it was behind closed doors. It was kept behind walls.

This was not. This was a display for everyone to see that the prince was not even strong enough to carry himself with his own strength alone. His weakness in battle and the injury he sustained took that way from him. And the annoying click of the cane was an audible reminder as much as a visual reminder that Tristan was not as powerful as he once was. Not right now, anyway.

But even though he hated it, he wouldn’t let it stop him from leaving the room him and Snow now occupied together. It wouldn’t stop him from getting out and exploring the castle. It wouldn’t stop him from helping with repairs and plans to fix the kingdom.

And it wouldn’t stop him from stealing time away with the love of his life.

Tearing his gaze away from the cane he moved it from his sight, leaning it against the wall beside him, forgetting the blasted piece of wood for a moment. Today there was no time for this anger or sorrow that he felt. Today he was breaking away from all of that. He was creating a distraction from the crumbling around him, and Snow.

The two royals tried to make time for each other whenever they could. Tristan knew that. But it was still not enough time for him, no matter how selfish it seemed. When he had been trapped in that bed day and night, Snow was off beginning to run her kingdom, and to raise it from the ashes that evil witch had left it in. But he never said anything about it, other than grumbling about feeling like a useless child tucked into his sick bed. Snow would rise early and retire late. Many times, in the beginning weeks of his healing, Tristan would be knocked out for hours upon hours and even days on days with the special brews the fae and human healers were making for him.

And when night fell, even if he was awake, both he and his fiancee would be far to exhausted to do more than exchange a few handfuls of thoughts before they drifted off to sleep.

Now, recently, that hadn’t been the case as much. Tristan grew stronger, but still not strong enough to be fully rid of his sick bed nor his healers, but he was far more awake more often, and would spend his daytimes sleeping and his nights awake. And though he knew Snow needed her rest, some nights a restlessness stirred in him that he could not control, making it impossible for either to sleep well.

Tristan had finally convinced the fae healers, the human doctors, and Snow herself that he should be permitted from the bed, and eventually from the room, if only for small moments of time. They had eventually agreed, on a few conditions.

One of them being the horrible object beside him.

He continued to stand, leaning against the wall, waiting for the footsteps he knew he would hear coming from down the hall. He was just around the corner, head turned to face the hallway. He could see a servant standing, pretending to muse with something near the wall, keeping an eye out for him.

He began to hear the soft pat of feet and the servant looked at him quickly with a little nod. Tristan smiled at the man and returned the gesture with a nod of thanks. He watched then as the man began walking towards the footsteps. ”Your majesty.” Tristan heard him say, no doubt taking space in the hallway so that the Queen would need to step just slightly closer to the corner that Tristan now hid behind.

He saw the familiar shadow creep forward into his site, and when the timing was right he reached his hand out, grabbing for the fabric of her gown by her waist.

With a swift sweeping motion he guided her to him, spinning her slightly around as he engulfed her in his embrace.

Tristan held Snow against him, arms wrapped tightly around her waist, as he leaned against the wall behind him for support. His bright eyes sparkled as he stared down into her dark, lovely ones. ”Gotcha.” He says, leaning down to place a soft kiss on her lips.

©

PM
^
Snow White
 Posted: Dec 15 2017, 11:19 PM
  • Royalty (17)
  • Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
  • Veroma Isles
  • “I'm so in love with you, and I hope you know, darling, your love is more than worth its weight in gold.”
Kelly

My love had been frozen, dark blue but you painted me golden

The fires had all been put out. The dead had been laid to rest. Houses were still being rebuilt, but everyone had somewhere to sleep and food to fill their bellies and the little island nation of Veroma was getting back to some sense of normalcy. It was a new normal, one missing a lot of people and with a sad feeling in the air but it was beginning to feel more normal just the same.

This isn’t at all what a younger Snow had seen when she pictured her life. She could never have imagined all the death and heartbreak, or having to grow up without the guiding hand of her father teaching her what to do when it was her turn. She hadn’t expected to be Queen so young. She was supposed to have had more time. No amount of wishful thinking could undo what had gone wrong or bring back the people they had lost. But there were the parts of her life that she wouldn’t change for the world. Certain things that life had unexpectedly given her. Certain people, one of whom she was on the way to see right now. Someone who meant more to her than she ever imagined was possible, someone she loved so much it made her heart swell inside her chest, someone she would get to love the rest of her life if she was lucky.

With him, Snow felt that lucky.

It was hard to think of him without her mind reminding her about how close she had come to losing him. Sometimes at night when he’s restless beside her the images spring up under her eyelids and she can’t escape them. Images Snow desperately wants to erase from her mind but knows she never will. Images of his blood running down Eadric’s sword, running out of the corner of his mouth, dripping onto the forest floor. Images of his eyes meeting hers as her broken heart escaped from between her lips in the form of those grief struck screams. The way he smiled when he knew she was safe.

It was easier not to think about it when she could be with him. Indisputable proof that he made it through to put her mind at ease. Physical proof like his hand in hers or his fingers tucking her hair behind her ear or his chest rising and falling at night. Then she wasn’t so afraid.

Between all the meetings and the checking in on people and the running around Snow didn’t get to feel like that as often as she would like. Mostly getting to see Tris for a few moments during the day and then those tired ones before her mind finally gave into sleep. But right now she had a couple free minutes, and she couldn’t think of anywhere else she’d rather spend them.

She’s about to turn down a hallway when a servant steps into her path. "Your majesty.” He gives her a nod. She smiles at him, then steps closer to the wall to get around him. It’s when she’s rounding the corner that Snow is surprised by a tug at the fabric of her skirts by her waist. The pull spins her around and right into Tristan’s arms.

A surprised laugh rings through the stone hallway. Her arms reach up to wrap around the back of his neck as he pulls her close to him. Her hazel eyes are looking up into his ocean ones. ”Gotcha.” he says softly before he kisses her. There’s that feeling in her chest again, like her heart had wings.

“Yeah, you did.” she says, the corners of her lips turning up into a smile before she presses them into his again.

PMEmail
^
Prince Tristan Charming
 Posted: Feb 12 2018, 03:35 PM
  • Royalty (24)
  • Snow White
  • Carpathia
  • “If today's the day I die Lay me down under the lights. Let me fall in love. Let me save a life.”
Kenna

The laugh that echoes around him causes a smile to stretch across his face. It was the most beautiful sound in the world, even the finest musicians could never replicate or create anything that would be more magical to his ears. The naturality of her arms immediately circling around his neck also adds to the cheerfulness the prince now felt.

Tristan holds Snow close to him as he leans back against the wall behind him, keeping them tucked to the side of the secluded hallway, her lips finding his again, and him eagerly responding. 

One of his hands finds their way up to the back of her neck, fingers sliding into her hair as he held her to him. How in the world did he get so lucky? Even when their engagement had first been announced and in all techinicalities she was declared to be his, he had never thought either of them would find a happiness in it like this. And when he had realized that he had come to love her, he never would have dreamed that she would love him in return.

He had given her a choice, he remembers. A choice given not long ago, though it seems far away now. And she still chose him. Little did she know she would have a chance to officially choose him again soon.

Tristan pulled back from her after a few long moments, a content hum on his lips as he did. ”How are you today, my queen?” A small, laughing smile on his lips. ”You seem to be in a bit of a hurry, are you off to an important meeting?”

©

PM
^
Snow White
 Posted: Feb 13 2018, 01:26 AM
  • Royalty (17)
  • Veroma Isles
  • “I'm so in love with you, and I hope you know, darling, your love is more than worth its weight in gold.”
Kelly

Pressing her lips into his again, her hands going to rest against the back of his neck, the way her body pressed lightly against his. It all happened without thought. Everything with Tris was this effortless. It felt natural.

It wasn’t so long ago that there was that invisible barrier between them, that one made of buzzing electricity and thoughts of what was proper that kept them from getting too close. It had fallen for tiny moments at first. For lingering hugs in Faldor, or their hands brushing against each other on walks. Then one day quite without warning it was gone completely. Touching him became second nature. It became her safety net. Anything was suddenly possible if Tris was holding her hand.

His fingers slide into her hair and pull her closer. Snow’s heart melts just as much as the first time he kissed her. She doesn’t think it will ever stop doing that.

When she’s with him it’s so easy for Snow to forget how tired she is, how long her to do list has gotten, how much weight is on her shoulders. Some days she was sure he was the only thing holding her upright.

With his arms wrapped around her and his lips pressed against hers there was no need to feel anything but happy.

When Tris pulls away after a few moments Snow jokingly pouts up at him, forever hating the moment it was over. Now that they were here it seemed almost silly that she had waited so long to kiss him. He asks her how she’s doing and a smile grows wide across her lips. “Better now.” she says cheerfully, a hand moving up to brush his hair off his forehead.

“I was in a hurry actually, I somehow have a couple of free hours and I was on my way to spend them with you.”

PMEmail
^
Prince Tristan Charming
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 03:51 PM
  • Royalty (24)
  • Snow White
  • Carpathia
Kenna

HAPPINESS

@Kelly

The pout on her face makes him laugh. Tristan moved one of his hands from her and gives her a soft tab on the end of her nose. ”Now, now. A queen should never pout.” he says in a joking tone, attempting to mimic the voice of his tutor growing up. A pompous man who tried to get the young prince to sit still for diplomacy lessons, when all he wanted to do was be down in the training field. But he could hardly hold the farce before he broke and laughed, a smile on his face.

Tristan was out of bed, he and Snow were alive, and they had a free moment to spare together. How could he not be smiling at this moment. The hand that hand come free to give her a little tap on the nose now caressed one of her cheeks as she spoke to him. Her own hand was brushing hair off his forehead.

Not so long ago these small touches were heavily avoided by the two. Any contact that seemed slightly more intimate than what would be proper was barred away in Tristan’s mind. He had built up barriers that lined against the walls Snow herself built.

The day those fell seemed to start a new era for the two. They reach for each other any moment they could. Arms held bodies and fingers caressed skin, reminders that they are here, they are alive, they are okay, they are together. As he stared into her beautiful, hazel eyes, he couldn’t help but be thankful for the millionth time that they get to have this, after everything they went through.

”Well, I feel honored! What ever did I do to gain the free moment’s of Snow White’s day?”

©

PM
^
Snow White
 Posted: Feb 21 2018, 01:10 PM
  • Royalty (17)
  • Veroma Isles
Kelly

When Snow White pouts up at her fiancé at the end of the kiss, he jokingly taps her on the nose. “A queen should never pout.” he says in a silly voice. Snow laughs. “You sound just like my old governess!” Her smile falters for a second when she remembers the older woman had been yet another casualty in the war that had claimed so many lives. The smile that comes back up on her lips is softer. “I think ‘a queen should never’ was her favorite phrase.” The governess may have been strict, but Snow remembered her very fondly, as she did all the people who worked here in the castle she truly felt helped raise her.

This was not the same castle that Snow that grown up in. It was full of different people now. Still kind-hearted and hard working Veromans, just not the same ones. Emylynn had made sure of that when she chose the household staff as her final victims of the war. Snow’s mind is filled just for a second with their bodies, those lifeless eyes staring up at her. She shakes those thoughts out of her mind.

Those kind of thoughts are easier to banish with Tristan’s hand against her cheek like that. She finds herself leaning into it, happiness flooding over the guilt and the anxiety, at least for now. But he always did that to her. His touch instantly raised her spirits. Perhaps that was why she was always reaching out for him now, and he for her. Touch was a reminder. A nonverbal way to say ‘I’m still here. You’ve still got me.’

He was a ray of sunshine in all her rainy days, and as hard as Emylynn had tried to take him away from her she hadn’t managed to. He was alive, he was walking around, and she had time to spend with him, laughing and pressing their lips together in secluded hallways. That was something to smile about.

Her hand moving unruly bits of hair off his forehead, he asks what he did to gain her free moments. “I just love you, I guess.” She grins up at him. “So, what do you want to do?”

PMEmail
^
Prince Tristan Charming
 Posted: Feb 24 2018, 11:17 PM
  • Royalty (24)
  • Snow White
  • Carpathia
Kenna

HAPPINESS

@Kelly

A boisterous laugh left the prince’s lips. It shook him so that his eyes closed and his head tipped back. ”How is it that your governess and my tutor seem to sound the exact same?” He asked, his eyes opening again and his gaze going back to her face. Tristan could not honestly, and selfishly, say that he could just look at Snow forever. Time apart was torture to him now, one because he had fallen so darn head over heels for the beautiful queen, but also any time apart caused him to fear the worst.

Tristan was not a stranger to war. Battles had been his life from a young age. Stories of war were whispered into his ears as a child, and as he grew he began to live them. And its not like he came out without scars or problems after any of those, but none affected him as much as this last war had. His last battle ringing in his head, and his fear that even if he were to survive, that Snow wouldn’t, still haunts him in his sleep. Its in his dreams that he is alone without her. Without anyone. His prebattle nightmares have now seeped into his daily dreams. His life was void in them. Burned kingdoms surrounding him, nothing but Carpathia’s palace standing, the world empty of his family and his love. With their absence was the combined absence of his heart and his soul. It was worse than that in-between he was stuck in.

But he would not focus on that. Not now. No, now his staring at Snow White was because of his first reason. Because her skin was so warm and inviting. Because her eyes held a kindness he hadn’t seen since his own mother looked at him. Because looking at her meant she was actually there with him, choosing to be with him. ”I swear they grow those people in fields. They seem too uniform to be real.” All jokes, of course. He knew the importance of the governesses and the tutors. He also knew they were people behind the strict lessons. His own tutor had gotten drunk with him once after he had grown a bit, and had spilled some amazing stories to Tristan about some other staff members of the Charming household.

As Snow leaned into his hand Tristan couldn’t help but lean forward again, giving a soft peck to the tip of her nose. What a creature she was. And he got to spend the rest of his life with her. Well, not fully officially yet. Hence the reason for his seeking her out today. But that was all secret, all surprise, and he would not let it slip.

”I love you too.” He said softly, moving his lips to hers one more time before pulling away quicker than before. He could spend his whole day standing there, doing this, but there were things to do. Plans to play out.

”I’d love a walk.” He said to her, a sheepish smile on his face. ”Being up and about is still a bit new, and I’ve been dy-“ he stops the phrase quickly, switching the word with little hesitation, ”craving a walk around the grounds. We spent so much time in the Carpathia gardens and such, I miss being beneath the open sky with you.” He gives her a peck on the cheek before pushing himself off the wall, a slight ache in his body as he did, and shifted her so he could take her arm in his. ”How does that sound?”

©

PM
^
Snow White
 Posted: Mar 2 2018, 02:43 PM
  • Royalty (17)
  • Veroma Isles
Kelly

Snow is falling all over again for that look in the ocean blue eyes moving over her face, for the way Tris pressed his lips to the tip of her nose when she leaned into the hand on her cheek, for the way the I love you too fell so softly from his lips before he kisses her again. Snow could spend forever falling for him.

She asks him what’d he like to do with this rare hour with no obligations. ”I’d love a walk.” he answers, and suddenly that sounds like the best idea in the world.

Lost for a moment in that sheepish grin of his, she barely catches him switching out his words, straying away from the unintended reminder of everything death (and Emylynn) had almost taken away from them. He mentions all the time they spent in the gardens in Carpathia, little moments of peace and getting to know each other between training sessions and meetings and early mornings. Snow remembers it well. She remembers how he made her laugh. She remembers sneaking glances his way to find him already looking at her, she remembers their hands brushing.

She remembers being so overwhelmed, and how he had felt like an island in those moments. Tristan was a safe shore when she had been drowning. He still was.

“I’ve been missing that too.” she says as he gives her another kiss on the cheek, and then shifts and she takes a small step back to give him some room. She watches as he pushes himself off the wall, his muscles still stiff.

“That sounds perfect.” she says, beaming up at him. Truth is, Tris could have said anything and she would have gladly followed him anywhere on this island he wanted to go. She takes his arm. "Lead the way."

PMEmail
^
Prince Tristan Charming
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 10:33 AM
  • Royalty (24)
  • Snow White
  • Carpathia
Kenna

Sorry for how long this too! *sobs*

@Kelly

Tristan couldn’t help but smile at her reply. ”Well, then a walk it shall be.” And he began leading the way, her arm now in his. His steps were still slower, hesitant, and he didn’t even halt to grab the cane that leaned against the wall, gladly leaving the blasted thing behind for some servant to find and inevitably take back to their chambers for him to be forced to use again and again. But not today, not with her. He would not use it for this.

As they began their way down the hallways, leading to the doors that would take them outside, Tristan laid his hand over Snow’s that rested gently on his arm. ”I will be honest, I’m going about this a bit blind. I don’t know these grounds, seemingly at all, aside from the stories someone once told me.” His eyes shifted to look at her, a grin on his face. ”So do not be afraid to steer me to and from places once we are out and about.” A chuckled left him as he saw the grand doors leading outside appear.

Outside. It seemed like it had been ages since he was actually outside. Open windows were far from the same thing. Yes, they brought fresh air, but Tristan had been raised outside of walls. His entire life had become the part of politics and royalty that expanded beyond the palace you sat in. It was quite funny, actually, thought the Carpathia palace was his home, he could rarely being to describe what most of the inner workings looked like, or where all of the passages led to. His time in his land was spent outside, or traveling.

He had been a caged bird for so long now, the gash on his torso leaving him chained inside like a sick dog.

The moment the doors opened he took a deep breathe, and instantly moved him and Snow into the sun. He tried to push away the feeling of how tired he was already feeling, of how his muscles ached and screamed to sit and relax, or worse, go back to bed. Nothing betrayed his thoughts though, other than the ever prominent bags under his eyes.

”It’s beautiful out.” He commented as he continued to move both he and Snow slowly out into the grounds. ”Your land has such a different smell, Snow. I’ve always loved sea facing lands. There is something that the sea spreads into the air that, oh I cannot begin to describe it. Its as if it gives it a different feeling of life.”

©

PM
^
Snow White
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 12:50 PM
  • Royalty (17)
  • Veroma Isles
Kelly

The two of them start off down the hallway, arm in arm, and it doesn’t escape Snow’s notice that Tris leaves the cane behind. For a moment she argues with herself, eyes flitting to it and back again, but in the end decides to let it be. He hated that thing, and she didn’t want to upset him by bringing it up. Besides, she tries to convince herself, she would be there to help support him, and if he did need it they could have it brought down. It would be alright. She wanted to let him be happy without it, at least for right now.

Tristan’s other hand reaches over the lay over hers, and a smile is growing on his face, and Snow knows she’s made the right decision. It would be nice, even if it was just for an hour, to pretend like they could be as carefree as he made her feel. He comments on how he doesn’t know the grounds of Veroma yet, and she should feel free to steer him. He glances over at her, that grin still on his face and the smile that grows on her lips in return is as instinctual as breathing.

“I’ll let you know if you’re going the wrong way,” she agrees, chuckling back at him. Snow could navigate this island with her eyes closed. A memory comes to her and her smile turns sadder, just for a moment. “Before he died, my father and I would take a walk almost every afternoon. He was so busy, but he always made time for me. The hour of quiet, it was nice.”

Those walks always seemed to end up at the water, she remembers. Her father could hear it too, that faint siren’s song from the deep.

They reach the main doors and stepped outside into the sunshine. Tristan takes a deep breath beside her. “It’s beautiful out.” he says, remarking on how the sea made the air feel more alive and Snow’s smile grows. “The saltwater air is cleaner somehow. Lighter. I always feel anxious when I’m too far from the ocean.” she admits. The further away she got, the louder that tiny call in the back of her mind became, calling her back. “I think you and the idea of getting back were the only things keeping me sane in Carpathia.” A laugh. “Not that it wasn’t nice.” she adds quickly.

“It’s just a short walk to the cliffs, if you wanted to go. They’re wonderful. When you look out towards the ocean, you can see the blue for miles.” Snow suggests, her tone bleeding the awe she had always felt when she looked out into the water.

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

SKIN MADE BY NIC EXCLUSIVELY FOR FIND THE RABBIT HOLE.